To my great joy, Piper has started taking naps. Woohoo! Sometimes 3 hour naps! It is excellent and has all started this past week. I am naps' number one fan!
Piper is 8 1/2 months old now, and is working on the 'starting to crawl' portion of baby-hood. She doesn't exactly move yet, but she's trying to get places, falling on her face, etc. So, I don't think it's very far away. I think she might be a scooter though, not a crawler. Just my prediction. :) Annnnd, she just got her 1st tooth! She cut it yesterday! Poor baby though, its next door neighbor will probably cut in the next day or so. So she's been kinda cranky with this double tooth thing, but I don't blame her!
She says "dadadadada" all the time, but just discovered how to say "mamama" when she's not crying. So that's great!
As for Peter, we're still waiting to see if Biz Kid$ will get funding. It's been a pretty lame wait. So cross your fingers for us that it does!
He's also working on a movie called Penny Candy - he's the Director of Production. That's pretty much all I can tell you, other than he spends every weekend in weird places and comes home with wild stories. Last week they filmed in a house that has pretty much become a homeless shelter for cats. Yikes!
He's also working on his script for "Scout Camp" and "James Bum," as well as a co-producing a TV pilot episode for a show that will possibly get picked up by Fremantle Media (they produce American Idol, The Price is Right, So You Think You Can Dance, etc.) So that's pretty cool. The guy that had the idea for the show approached Peter and basically said "I have the money and the idea, you have the talent, equipment, and the people. Help me out." Honestly I don't at all get how this show would be entertaining at all. But, Fremantle seems to think it could be, and they know way better than I do, I guess.
Me: just teaching dance, assistant choreographing for a local community musical, and being mommy!
Teaching the younger kids is pretty fantastic. I specifically like my Saturday morning class where I teach a bunch of my friends' girls ages 5 - 8. The girls are hilarious. I have them "fly like butterflies" and I ask them where they're flying to. Today, one girl went to "Aspirin Grove" (Aspen grove). Pretty great if you ask me. Oh, and they tell me what color they are. Most are usually "all the colors in the rainbow becept brown, black, and gray." Next week we have our "recital" which should be pretty awesome.
Little Shop was up about a month ago and went pretty well. I'm on to do next year's show, and possibly some other work in between (I might become an "actual" teacher at the school. I donno if they're gonna make dance an elective or what... but it could be neat.)
Little Shop was up about a month ago and went pretty well. I'm on to do next year's show, and possibly some other work in between (I might become an "actual" teacher at the school. I donno if they're gonna make dance an elective or what... but it could be neat.)
Another thing I've done recently that I am loving, is starting up an internet group for "deal seeking moms!" As most of you know, I'm an avid frequenter of "deal-a-day" websites, and mostly are baby/toddler related. One of these sites in particular has a forum, but you're not allowed to talk about any competing sites. So another mom and I decided to start up a group where we can discuss all these cool deals, etc with other moms. It has turned into such a wealth of info and money saving tips and I'm loving it! Within the first 3 days, we already had 100 members. A lot of the moms are amazing coupon cutters (one lady at one particular store has spent $167 on $3000 worth of merchandise. Pretty amazing if you ask me) everyone has online coupon codes for here and there, and know of amazing discounts/sales on stuff I'd normally be buying. Several of the moms even own their own kids shoe stores, or baby boutiques and are offering discounts to people for simply being in our group. People are buying and selling used baby stuff, and it's just turned out to be really cool... and it's only been a week since it started! So if any of you want to join, let me know!
As for us as a family, we're in our new place, and really like it. We're still getting everything put together, though. I just painted a dresser for Piper! And painted some wall hangings, and hand made two picture frames and a lamp for her room! I'll have to take pictures and post them. I'm really proud of it! Her room looks so cute!
And now for some pictures!

Piper as a ballerina. :)

One of my new favorite pictures of her.
Getting into her "toybox." Her toys are just that much cooler when they're in this box.
This is also a good example of her new mobility.

In her new ducky tub, which she LOVES! She outgrew her infant bath, so this is what I got. She loves playing in water.

After the bath.
Fin.
1 comments:
Wow! You guys are super busy! And Piper just couldn't be any cuter...thanks for the update!
Post a Comment