Saturday, January 31, 2009

4 Months Old!

Yesterday Piper turned 4 months old! Crazy.



Tummy time.


And just in case you missed the memo, the 80's are truly, truly back.

I saw this outfit and couldn't pass it up. It was way too hilarious, and cute in it's own way.

In other news, we are officially and completely moved after several unsuccessful tries. But everything is finally here, with a big, humongous thanks to my favorite Lemmony friends.

Also, go rent the movie Igor. It is absolutely hilarious. I want to share it with everyone I know. It has so many big name voices in it, yet it didn't do too well in this area. I can kind of understand why with the plot line... but some of the side characters are SO WORTH IT!

Over the past few weeks I have been helping both my mom and brother prepare to audition for their stake musical. I helped them pick songs to suit their voices (and did a pretty good job of it, if I do say so myself), practiced with them, etc. By the end of it I was kind of jealous. I haven't done a show in almost 2 years, which is really crazy seeing that I'd done at least 2 every year since I was 10ish. The auditions were the past two weekends. My brother auditioned last weekend, and my mom yesterday night. So last night as we were at the old house packing stuff up, I got a call from my dad telling me that the stake musical wasn't just for the their stake, but for whoever wanted to do it, and that there were people from the surrounding stakes auditioning as well, and that if I could be there in and hour, they would have a slot for me. I debated it for a while, but then Peter decided for me, and told me I'd regret it if I didn't audition, so we raced to get music, raced to pick a song (all of which I haven't sung in over a year) and raced to the audition. It was pretty insane, but I did it, and am actually feeling pretty good about the song and my performance. Rehearsals don't start until October (why they were auditioning this early, I have no idea.) And I don't know when I find anything out about getting in, casting, what the show is... (maybe I'm wrong, but supposedly they haven't picked it yet, so I didn't even know what I was auditioning for.) It was a very interesting and racey (fast, not inappropriate) night. But it was fun, and I'm glad I went. The end.

2 comments:

Emily Marie said...

Just in case I didn't say it the other day, I love love love that outfit!! And we're glad to be your Lemmony friends. :)

Alicia W. said...

I love the outfit! Babies can get away with the crazy fashions! Good luck on the audition...sounds like fun!