Monday, November 17, 2008

Smiles and Spoiled Soda

Hmm, it feels like it's been forever since I've written in here! I attribute it to the move - we have no internet there, so I'm sort of out of luck.


Adjusting has been pretty okay, though. We still have a bunch of boxes laying around, and we need to decide what to unpack and what to keep packed... such a chore. Needless to say, we haven't done a ton of that. The place is very nice, though, and despite being further than I'd like, I'm very happy with more space and being able to do more than one load of laundry per day.

For those of you who don't know, Peter has recently been filming the short he wrote, "James Bum and the Case of the Spoiled Soda." He's been having a blast. He's had this script written for several years, and though he's tried to film it several times, something always came up that didn't allow him to. So he's excited that he's finally able to do it.
They filmed part of it at our new place, and they had asked me to do their makeup (sweet!) but then I didn't end up getting to because a bunch of people were late and they only had so much time to film (lame!) But it was fun to be there while they were filming.
The guy who plays James Bum is pretty much the greatest ever - a fantastic actor. Dr. Mean Thing (the Villain) is pretty awesome as well... however, Bella Dame (the 'damsel in distress')
is lousy and I'm angry at her for not being better/more professional! Luckily, this is for school and someday he can re-do it with a better Bella.
When they're done editing maybe he'll let me post it on here.

Piper is growing like crazy... mostly out, but a little bit up too. She's been a lot more alert lately, has started finding her thumb to suck on (not sure how I feel about that...) and has been working on her smile. When she tries to smile, I don't care if it's 3 in the morning, it just makes me so happy! She's pretty much the best I know.

I have a pre-audition meeting this week for Little Shop where I get to go meet the kids and tell them what to expect for the audition. I'm really excited. I know a few of the kids already from past things I've done, so it'll be fun to see them again.






1 comments:

Alicia W. said...

I'll be honest, Ash...my thumbsucker sleeps a bajillion times better than my binky baby did. I had mixed feelings too...I love pacifiers because when the time comes to toss them, you can. You can't really "toss" a thumb. If you decide you really don't want her sucking her thumb, try replacing it everytime you notice her sucking on it with the pacifier and see if she'll make the switch. Rella never did, though, and she is a much better sleeper. I don't know if it's completely related or not, but sleep is a good thing.