Monday, December 8, 2008

Embarrassing

What's worse than having a sick baby, finals, extra shifts to be covered, a new second job, and a bajillion things to do so you're hardly at home and so that the house is a disaster?


Having this be the week that your landlord decides to surprise visit you.

SO EMBARRASSING! I can't even tell you. He surprise visited on Saturday, then called Peter today and didn't sound too happy. I don't blame him.

Part of the issue is that we're trying to figure out what to keep packed and what not to keep packed, because we'll most likely be moving again really soon - so there are half packed boxes here and there and it just looks really tacky. And then neither of us have been at home this past week - and if we have it's been to sleep, and then rush out in the morning... resulting in no progress cleaning wise.

And we can attempt to call and apologize, but he's not going to believe me if I say, "Oh, it was just this week, I promise!" - That's the oldest excuse in the book! Uhg.

Well, at least we warned him. When he called on Saturday saying he was going over there, Peter attempted to explain the situation and warn him that it was messy... but apparently our warning wasn't enough to keep him from getting a little ticked.

I'm so embarrassed. And what's worse? This guy goes to church with us. Oy.

0 comments: