As odd as that looks, it's spelled right. I didn't think it was... but apparently it is.
I didn't intend for it to be, but after reading through this post I realized that it's kinda gloomy. Oh well... reminiscing can be that way.
It was two years ago today that I had my spine done. It seems like it was all a dream. I only remember weird things about Boise, like the Ronald McDonald House having fresh cookies every day, the medicine button I got to push every time it turned green, telling my aunt that there were "elephants across the way" and my mom that there was a "pink hephalump balloon hiding under the chair" and having her actually look for it. I remember only being able to eat crushed ice, and having my mom get mad at me when I wouldn't order food from the hospital cafeteria because I was afraid to talk to them on the hospital phone. I remember another patient yelling and being crazy all the time, except when he saw Peter - apparently he and Peter were friends, Peter just didn't know it.
It's interesting to think about where I am now as opposed to where I thought I'd be. One day I was completely fine and they just had to keep an eye on it, the next I was risking having a lung collapse. I honestly was kindof overdramatic about it a lot of the time, but on the other hand, it was a pretty dramatic thing and maybe I just felt like I was being overdramatic. I donno.
I never thought I'd get married or get to have kids because of it. Didn't think I'd be around long enough. It's kinda nice to have life prove me wrong, though. Dancing might be a little more difficult, and I might be able to feel the metal when it's cold outside... but I'm really glad I had it done. There's so much stuff I could have missed out on!
And now for my awesome pictures. Sometimes when I show these pictures I feel slightly bragadocious... but then again, who on earth would be jealous?! So I decided it's not bragadocious. I just think they're awesome.
This isn't it at its worst... but it's the only picture of it that I've got.
And then 45 minutes and two inches later... Voila!

Hopefully x-rays don't bother any of you that might happen to be reading. If they do, well, sorry.
Anyway... that brings a close to my reminiscing. Now back to real life with graduation parties, good-bye parties, pregnancy, and overworked husbands.
1 comments:
Whoa, Ashlyn. Those x-ray photos are awesome. I guess I didn't realize just how badly whacked out your back was. I am so glad you are doing so swell. And I am especially glad you are part of this crazy weirdo family. You rock! Hilary
Post a Comment