Well, here we are!
As I mentioned in my email, I wanted to wait for the baby to come before I started a family blog... but I've just been getting so bored lately, and for whatever reason a family blog has been on my mind. That, and I've been in a pretty crafty mood as of the past few months (journaling is crafty to me, I guess...). I finished my high school scrapbook and am attempting to work on our wedding scrapbook so that I can be done with it before the baby comes.
I've been journaling online since the beginning of high school, but in order to view the blog/journal-majig, one has to have an account on that website, and I thought it would be silly, and selfish, to make everyone get some random blog account just to view our blog. I mean, come on, I don't expect anyone to want to read about our lives that much. But if you do, well, thank me for making it easier.
As for things that are new in our life, other than this blog:
We're waiting to see if our squirrel problem is fixed. (For those of you who may not know, we have squirrels living and dying in our walls and have been fighting for something to be done for about, oh, three and a half months now.)
The condo managers are giving us a new toilet for free. Talk about exciting.
I'm attempting to learn Italian, because Peter would like to try to raise our kids to be bilingual. Ha.
Peter is writing for a show called Biz Kids. It's the business equivalent to Bill Nye the Science Guy (same writers, set up, the works... even the awesome rap at the end). It started out as an internship, but there is a chance that he could be taken on as a paid writer for the show. So we'll hear about that within the next weeks... hopefully. Keep your fingers crossed! So far it's looking up.
I'm getting ready to start a new semester of dance classes that will end in August. I'm preparing myself for a very interesting few months, being pregnant and all. Most of the classes are beginning ballet classes, which shouldn't be much of a problem other than me being tired, but the one that I'm really looking forward to is teen hip hop. I can just imagine...
And lastly, trying to come up with a name that Peter and I both like for the baby girl on the way is proving to be very difficult. After discussing a few names, Peter reverts to the oh-so-original "Bayleaf," "Chucklehead," and "Pondscum." Even though we still have a few months, I'm starting to stress over not having names. I don't think we'll pick one before she comes... but I would at least like to have some to choose from that we both like. Gah. Oh well.
7 comments:
Ha ha. I'm FIRST!!!
Good job on the blog, Ashlyn. If you do end up being a super-preggers dance teacher, you need to have someone take a video.
Welcome to the blogosphere (I think that might even be a word)! I am with Laura on the video idea - its going to be quite the adventure trying to teach teen hip-hop big and pregnant.
Sorry - that was actually my comment, my sister must have used my computer and not logged off of her account.
Glad you hopped on, Ashlyn. Can't wait to greet my new niece, Chucklehead, in the fall. See you soon, hopefully?
Dingleberry is a good name, too!
Hey, we totally got left off that email! Luckily we saw you on Hilary's blogroll.
Peter and DJ are totally related. DJ's name favorites were "Calcium Deposit", and "Isabella Spadafora". Nice
Just to let you know that the OLD g-pa can still log-on (even if it is G-ma's computer) and read. It was fun to read all about your current status in life.
Post a Comment