Well, it has been a long while since I last updated this thing. So here are some picture highlights of life since November.
One of my favorite pictures of Piper, ever. Taken while visiting our parents this past Christmas.
This was my favorite number I was in in this past year's Christmas show. I was a "Doo-Wop Elf" dancing to "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey.
Since our anniversary is over the Christmas break, we decided to celebrate a little bit early so that we could spend more time with family over the holidays. We took a mini road trip down Route 66 mainly to see the giant ugly blue whale pictured below.
Peter has been wanting to see this thing since he found it on a tourist attraction website last year. So we did!
We also went to POPS, another tourist attraction. It's a really awesome gas station/diner that has pretty much every kind of soda that has ever been made in US, as well as a ton from over seas. It took forever to choose which soda to have with our lunch... they have a giant freezer section in the back and the sodas are organized by color/flavor. It was really neat! And tasty too.
Yep... every type of soda.
We went to New Year's Eve dinner at the Rainforest Cafe with my family. It was awesome, and Piper loved it.


She also started pre-school!

And she had her first school Valentine's Day party!

Coloring Easter eggs... immediately after this picture was taken, Piper dropped the egg.

Jelly Bean Hunt!
Easter Egg hunt!
And then my favorite number from this year's Spring Show. "Ladies Choice" from Hairspray... in my crazy wig.

After Performance Majors have been here for two years, they have to choreograph, costume, and perform a solo for the entire faculty, after which the faculty will decide whether or not they think they should stay a performance major, graduate in time, etc. So that happened, and it went really well!
This is me with my littles (I adopted another after her Big rushed a real sorority) at the Hollywood Canteen themed Dance Banquet at the end of the school year.
I received my first school-made Mother's Day gift, and I love it!
While making cookies one day, right after we put the flour into the bowl, I somehow got the switches backwards and turned the kitchen-aid on full speed instead of locking it... and flour went everywhere. It scared Piper to death, and she started to cry... but once she noticed me laughing at what had happened, she realized it was hysterical and couldn't stop laughing. :)
The day gave her first talk in Primary!
Parent watch day at ballet!
Last day of school!
I participated in the Relay for Life again this year. I didn't stay all night this time as we were under tornado warning and Piper had her dance recital the next day, but I still had a great time, and it was well worth it as always!
Piper the morning of her dance recital! I posed her in what all of the dancers seem to do when posing for show pictures... I got a kick out of it.

And then the real recital picture. Holy guacamole this picture sorta freaks me out... but I also think it's pretty funny and cute at the same time.

Yay summer! We broke out our little pool and had been having a great time until a giant storm with baseball size hail came through and ripped it to shreds.

Just a sweet recent picture of Pipey. She hasn't had her glasses for the past month or so as we're waiting for her new prescription.
Grandpa Ray came to visit a few weeks ago and Piper had an absolute blast with him! We had dinner with Peter's great Uncle Sterling one evening and snapped this 4 generation family photo.
And last but not least... tornado season is in full swing. We've already had to go to shelter twice. This is Piper drawing her friend Capri while we were waiting out the storm. She has become quite the little artist since starting school. I can't get enough of her drawings.
Hopefully I'll be able to keep this more up to date - at least through the summer. :)
Hopefully I'll be able to keep this more up to date - at least through the summer. :)
















2 comments:
Yay!! I'm SO glad you posted more pics and info! Keep it up!!
Been wondering where you went since you left the Twitterverse. How about news about you and Peter once in a bit too...? Yea!!
Post a Comment