Friday, June 15, 2012

The City of Thunder

So... I know this is a little bit controversial and all... being a Seattlite rooting for the OKC Thunder.

But I am. And I am not ashamed. I was against Seattle selling the Sonics... but they did. And Oklahoma City wanted a team. They weren't trying to steal the Sonics in particular... and since I don't have a home team to be a fan of... why not? I mean, it's still sort of like I'm a fan of the Sonics... isn't it? And honestly, it's nearly impossible not to be a fan of the Thunder living in here... seriously. It's INCREDIBLE.

If you don't believe me, read this article about the Seattle vs Oklahoma City situation, written by a once bitter Seattle fan/journalist just after playoff game 1 earlier this week.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8047976/thunder-family-values

Anyway, since Peter works downtown at the hotel that just happens to be housing the NBA media... we got free official NBA Playoffs t-shirts! And a hat, too! And downtown they have something called "Thunder Alley" that goes up every time there's a home game. We went down there this evening, though there wasn't a game, so it wasn't too crazy, and snapped a few photos. I'd like to go again soon in hopes of getting a few better ones with better light... But here they are! And as we say here in OKC:
Thunder Up!









0 comments: