Friday, December 4, 2009

The Holidays Have Arrived!

Okay, well, Thanksgiving has already passed... but there are still more to come!

The past two weeks have been pretty crazy, but fun! My cousins, Alicia and Caroline were in town, and due to their presence, Piper I got to do a bunch of fun stuff! We all saw "New Moon" (sans Piper on that one), went up the Space Needle, went to the Aquarium, toured Pike Place market, ate at the original Ivar's on the waterfront... okay I guess that's not a bunch of stuff. But it sure felt like a lot! Then Thanksgiving came around. My cousin Alicia had left to spend Thanksgiving with her family, but Caroline stayed, and my Sister Alyssa, her hubby Vincent, and my brother Derrek all came home! Unfortunately Piper got sick in the meantime. So Alyssa and Vincent, who only get to see Piper once a year, didn't get to meet the fun, care-free and calm little baby Piper. Instead, they got a runny nosed crank-oid baby Piper, which was sad. Especially when she was back to normal the day after they left.

First off - Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It was a yearly tradition in my household growing up, and is one I'd like to continue... but I watched it alone this year. Peter was trying to figure out Turkey Bowl stuff and Piper was sleeping. But come on! Snippets of Broadway shows? "Shrek: The Musical" performed a number... which is, if you don't already know, my new favorite musical. I'm a self admitted theatre snob. And let me tell you, this musical after movie is GOOD! Not to mention Sutton Foster plays Fiona. :) And then the Rockettes! Who doesn't love them? And to top it all off, Seattle's (well, the Eastside's, really) own Cheyenne Jackson performed! (Issaquah Village Theatre Kid, gone Broadway, now new cast member of 30 Rock with Tina Fey). I love the parade. Can you tell?

We had Thanksgiving Dinner at my folks home this year, but of course, we always show up for the "Thankful Game" with Peter's family. Everyone writes down things they're thankful for, from family, the gospel, and having a job and modern medecine, to silly family things like, "YDMB" (you da man baby), "Gina B" (not exactly sure on this one... seems like it always changes), Peter's Pecs... etc. All of which were NOT mentioned this year. Did anybody else notice that? Anyway, everyone writes their "thankfuls" down, then we all put them in a bag, draw out a handful, and take turns reading them out loud. It's longer and more drawn out every year... but it's fun. And we wouldn't miss it

And then there was pie. Oh how I love pie.

But now it's time to get ready for Christmas. I am so excited. We recently bought new stockings, and I feel like I've been Christmas shopping for months. I've been super bargain hunting and am on a roll! Nothing I'll give but the candy is brand new... all have had former owners, but I think the pickled peppers are going to have a great time on Christmas morning. :)



After seeing "New Moon" - you can tell who the real Twilight "crazies" are from this photo. :)

Hanging out at Seattle Center


Before we went up the Space Needle

And up on the viewing deck




Seattle baby. Can you tell?

And she's already visited Santa! She really liked him. I'm not sure I'm going to get one of those horrified of Santa photos from this little girl unless we have Santa pinch her or something.


1 comments:

Alicia W. said...

I'm so glad I got to come visit you guys! Too bad Pipey was sick for everyone else. Bummer!