Just over two months left until the baby gets here. I saw my doctor earlier this week and apparently everything looks fine and dandy. I've been trying to get as much info as possible on how the heck I'm going to be able to give birth. I asked her about the whole abnormal pelvis deal that runs in my family, and she said that we won't know if it's a problem until the day of. ( My mom and I realized that it's been the 2nd oldest girl in every family that has had the problem... Coincidence? We shall find out!!) Then I reminded her of my 10 fused vertebrae, and she said that other than having to be careful of my positioning, the only problem she can think of is that I may not be able to get an epidural, but once again, we will not know until I talk to the anesthesiologist on the day of. That one sort of confuses me a bit, because after talking to several people this past week that are much more knowledgeable than me, they said that it shouldn't be a problem because it only goes into the spinal fluid... I donno. Guess I'll find out... on the day of.
I hate going into things unprepared. Especially when it's my first time doing said thing. I already hardly know what to expect, and now I know even less of what could happen. I feel like this birth is a total guessing game... not very comforting. Watch, the baby will be a boy, too.
On another note, I think I am absolutely obsessed with trying to figure out how to lose the baby weight as fast as possible after the baby comes. So obsessed, that I think I am doing myself a disservice now by hardly watching what I eat and making the total I will have to lose increase. I know that doesn't really make any sense at all, but I've always had that problem. If I think about losing weight, I gain it instead because i am so focused on not being able to have sugar, that it's all I want and then I cheat.
I feel like I have a good reason to be obsessed with it though... sort of. When Peter finishes school, we plan to take off somewhere for me to finish school. The plan is Oklahoma City University, assuming I get into the dance program. But here's why I slightly feel I have reason: A) I have to get back into dancer-like shape for my audition. B) The school does weigh-ins about 3 times a semester. C) If you are not where they think you should be weight-wise you are not allowed to perform, no matter how good you are. D) If you are not where they think you should be weight-wise, they take off a letter grade in all of your dance classes.
I know, totally psycho. Why on earth would I want to go to this school, right? Well, it has one of the top jazz/theatre dance programs in the states, and it hardly costs more than BYU. The dance department is run by a fairly aged ex-ballerina, and back in the day everyone and their dogs did weigh-ins. I mean... a lot of companies still do, but not schools. There is also a chance, however, that this woman could pop-off before I get there and the whole weigh-in deal could be vetoed... but who knows. So as for right now, that's what I'm getting myself prepared for. Or at least trying to get myself prepared for.
In other, lighter news:
- Yesterday was Peter's birthday and I think he had a fairly good one.
- I was able to see my best friend, Teya, last week. Thoroughly enjoyable.
- I went to the midnight party for the release of Breaking Dawn with my mom last Friday night. It was much less eventful than we had thought it might be... but still kinda fun.
- Daddy long leg (What a strange name! Who thought of that?) spiders are somehow getting in our condo and I can't figure out how.
- I was able to squish one of the aforementioned spiders myself.
0 comments:
Post a Comment