Yep, that's right. Last night we had a huge snow storm here. I got the notice that school was canceled yesterday at 4pm, and it didn't even start snowing until 7ish! I was nervous going into it all, as at least a foot of snow was predicted, and it was supposed to rain first. They were also predicted a lot of power outages, which had me nervous. But, at about noon yesterday Peter's boss called him and offered him a room at the hotel so that he could guarantee that he could make his shifts. He said he'd take it as long as he could bring Piper and I along. So we're camping out at the Sheraton! They're feeding us, though, which is very nice. And they have cable here... which nice for when we're completely out of things to do. Our number one source of entertainment though... bell carts. Piper has been having a blast riding around on one and waving hello to everyone. She's the only kid in the hotel... but they all like her! :)
I've never been in cold like this before. Today it's been consistently about 9 degrees with a wind chill of about -26. Tomorrow's high is 13 degrees with a low of -4. I don't even want to know what the wind chill is going to be. We took Piper out in the snow today for about a total of 7 minutes. The amount of time to get her ready was longer than the amount of time we actually spent outside... but once her eyes stating watering, nose started running and face started turning red from the wind, we figured 7 minutes was long enough. She didn't want to go inside, but we didn't want a Piper Popsicle either. Naturally, we won that battle.





1 comments:
wow!! hope you all are ok!!!
Liv
Post a Comment