Saturday, December 18, 2010

Long time, no update.

Well here's one for ya!

Finals were this past week, and the week before that was the Christmas Show, and now I'm done with my first semester! Woohoo! I am absolutely LOVING school. Happy to have a 3 week break, but still loving school. :)

Piper is just getting bigger and smarter and cuter by the minute. She turned 2 at the end of September and had a frog birthday party! This kid might be a genius (words of a true mother, right?). Seriously though. **Brag moment** - Alphabet? Check. Numbers/Counting? Check. Colors? Check. Speaking in full sentences? Check. Please/Thank You/Sorry? Check. Animals names and sounds? Check. Right and Left? Check. (No idea who taught her those either... we've asked everyone. Neighbors, friends, nursery... nope. No idea. She just knows 'em.) And Potty Training? Half a check. We started yesterday... but after a few accidents she's making it to the potty every time. Even during nap/sleep! Chances are this could be a total fluke... but it's still kinda cool. I thought it was going to take forever!

A lot of the above are due to her super awesome dad, though. He seriously is the best. Working with her on all of these things during his spare time. :) Gotta love him!

Piper is also into the Princesses now. Her favorite varies from "the blue princess" to "the pink princess." :) She is also IN LOVE with Santa Clause! We've taken her to the mall several times to see him. She'll talk about him all the way there, and all the way home, but when she's actually in his presence, she is absolutely speechless. Her eyes light up and she gets this adorable little smile on her face, and won't say a word. Pure Christmas magic! Love it!

Peter is writing for Biz Kid$ again and we couldn't be more thrilled!! He got the call last month-ish that they got more funding! Such a blessing, and Peter is having a blast writing for the episodes!

At school I was secretly picked and inducted into a "frarority" called Gamma Gamma Super Star. It's basically a fake Sorority/Fraternity for dance/musical theatre majors who aren't in real sororities/fraternities, but still want the "brotherhood/sisterhood" side of things. So basically we do absolutely nothing but still have the families and the jackets. Haha! The girl who is my "big" (wanted to add me to her "family") took two "littles," so I have a "twin!" Her name is Lexi and I absolutely adore her! Confused yet? Yeah... so was I.

That's all I can think of right now... I'm SURE there is more... but I should have time over the next couple weeks to update when I think of more to say. So for now... pictures!

Piper's Birthday!

Playing Dress Up!

For Halloween, Pipey was a witch!

Peter was Kip at the end of Napoleon Dynamite...

And I was a cat... like the past 4 years.

Piper and her friend Capri at the ward Halloween Party

Pipey in her new coat!

Pipey and Santa!


And another day we took her back... she was begging to see him :)

My big girl!

We took Piper to build a bear not too long ago - She LOVED it! And this is her new favorite toy. Her name is Teddie.

My Gamma twin, Lexi

One of my numbers in the Christmas Show was "The Christmas Shoppers Can-Can" by Straight No Chaser (Hilarious song!) In the song it talks about how Christmas stuff seems to come out earlier and earlier every year... for part of the number I was a trick or treater.

I then became a regular shopper

Santa Kickline!

"Happy Holidays/Bows"

Putting up the "tree!"

Yay Christmas tree!

1 comments:

Olivia Adams said...

Merry christmas to you all! Piper is SO cute!! Miss you!!