Well - week one is done!! And fortunately, it went really well! I made weight, and classes are going well!
The way dance leveling works here, there are A levels, and B levels, and 4 levels within each letter. So A 1, 2, 3, and 4, and then B 1, 2, 3, and 4. B levels are more advanced. Anyway, so this week has been "leveling" for all of my dance classes. In ballet, I was one of about 7 girls to get moved up to the B levels, so that was pretty great! Tap, I'm definitely in the A levels, and in Jazz so far I'm still in the A levels, but that still could change. Probably not, but it's possible. I'll find out my exact level number sometime this week. :)
On Tuesday I auditioned for The American Spirit Dance Company, the school's dance company, and made it! I didn't feel like I had done super well in the audition, but I must've done alright! At the same time, I auditioned for a chorus line roll in an upcoming Casavetes (director of The Notebook, My Sister's Keeper, etc.) film called "Yellow" and I was one of about 30 to get called back for it. On Friday, we had callbacks ("I got da callback!") and they recorded us dancing to send to Casavetes. He'll watch it and he'll pick which of us he wants in the film - so we'll find out if I made it! Hopefully this week, but I'm not really sure. Jo, the head of the program, hasn't signed the contract yet, and is still in negotiating... so there's a chance it could be a no-go - we'll see.
I had been hoping that whether or not I got picked for the film, that I'd at least be proud of how I did in callbacks. I'd been hoping and praying that I'd do my best, and that would be all that really mattered... and I feel that that's exactly how it played out. After rehearsing in my group, Jo called me out in front of everyone as being one of the best dancing/performing the combination. It was such a nice compliment, and really answered my hope/prayer that I'd at least do well, whether I get cast or not. It was so nice to have it confirmed, and it was nice to be noticed! It was definitely a fantastic ending to a fun, but tiring and grueling week.
So far I have made two good friends, Lindsey and Alissa, and I couldn't be more grateful! They're both just great, and waited for me after callbacks on Friday to see how I'd done! It was so sweet of them. I was really worried about making friends, because I'm older, and especially because I'm married and have Piper... but they don't care at all! Love it.
It is a little weird being married with a baby here though... it weirds people out a little at first, but then they get over it. Somehow it's going around that I'm 5 years older than I really am... not sure how that got started, but hopefully it'll get corrected. :)
Peter and Piper are doing well so far. Peter's really liking his work schedule, even though two of his shifts are 11pm - 6am. Piper lost a fight with the sidewalk earlier this week... we're hoping for no scarring, but other than that seems to be having a grand ol' time. She's getting a lot better with her colors, letters and numbers, and has started to make up songs about random things. Her other big thing lately is telling us everything she likes. "I like dolphins. I like chairs." etc. She's pretty comical, but we like her!
Well - gotta get up at 4:30am... will hopefully have time to update again soon!
Sunday, August 29, 2010
School: Week 1
Posted by Ashlyn at 8:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment