Where we live we have to use keys to get into our mailboxes. And then if we have a package, there is a key put in our mailbox that goes to another bigger 'mailbox' that our packages are put into. There are four of these special package mailboxes at our complex. These four package mailboxes are how I determine whether or not the mail has come for the day. If there are keys dangling out of the majority of the four mailboxes, then that means the mail hasn't come. If the keys are gone, it means they are in someone's mailbox, therefore, the mail has arrived! Well, for AT LEAST the past two months, one key has been missing. This most likely means that there is a package in that mailbox that someone has not retrieved.
My first thought when it comes to this is: why hasn't this person gotten their package yet? Why are they holding the key ransom? But then I had another thought... what if the mailman put the package in the box, and then never put the key in the right mailbox? Or lost it even? And then I got thinking even harder... what if the package in that box is for me?!? It's got to be for someone, right? Why not me? And then I remembered... about two months ago I did a candy swap with some of my Canadian mom friends (can you say Aero bar? Yum) and my candy never arrived!! What if it's in this mystery mailbox?!
I am almost ready to stake out in a tent by the mailboxes (can't see them from my front window/door) and wait for the mailman. And then ask the mailman... what's up with the mystery mailbox? Where's the key? Is it mine?
After I write this, I realize that there is a chance that maybe the key broke or something, and so they locked the mailbox while they wait for a new one. But 2+ months for a new key? For something run by a government run agency? I mean COME ON!
Someday... I will find the truth.
My first thought when it comes to this is: why hasn't this person gotten their package yet? Why are they holding the key ransom? But then I had another thought... what if the mailman put the package in the box, and then never put the key in the right mailbox? Or lost it even? And then I got thinking even harder... what if the package in that box is for me?!? It's got to be for someone, right? Why not me? And then I remembered... about two months ago I did a candy swap with some of my Canadian mom friends (can you say Aero bar? Yum) and my candy never arrived!! What if it's in this mystery mailbox?!
I am almost ready to stake out in a tent by the mailboxes (can't see them from my front window/door) and wait for the mailman. And then ask the mailman... what's up with the mystery mailbox? Where's the key? Is it mine?
After I write this, I realize that there is a chance that maybe the key broke or something, and so they locked the mailbox while they wait for a new one. But 2+ months for a new key? For something run by a government run agency? I mean COME ON!
Someday... I will find the truth.
0 comments:
Post a Comment