Christmas was absolutely delightful this year. I'm finding myself having a lot more fun giving than getting. Don't get me wrong, the getting is awesome... but I love the look on people's face when you get them something they're excited about!
We spent Christmas Eve with both sets of parents again this year. With my parents we celebrated my dad's birthday, and at with Peter's parents we did the whole Nativity and Christmas song extravaganza. All the kids dress up Shephers, Wise Men, Camels, mary, Joseph, Angels, etc. and act out the nativity as grandpa reads it from Luke 2. It's so fun to watch the kids in their roles, especially as they get older and older each year. We then went home and unwrapped jammies and ornaments, then went to bed. Peter and I were in bed by 11:00pm... I have a feeling that this will never happen again on Christmas Eve.
My favorite part of the whole gift process, was Peter's reaction while opening his big gift, which consisted of a bunch of "No way!"s and "How?!"s. Peter got a Wii this year. Now, before you all go jumping down my throat about it, I bought it "used" on Amazon for well below retail. The fact that it came and was brand new was just a super-bonus! I'd been saving about $5 from every time I got paid for the past several months... and that's how it all happened. Veeery very sneaky.
Piper got a Wheely Bug. There's only been one listed on Craigslist in at least the past six months... and I got it! Though it's used, there's hardly a scratch on it. I guess that lady's kids don't really know what "playing" is... if that were in my house growing up, it'd be mutilated!
Peter got me Adobe Photoshop Elements, which I'm totally psyched over. It's not here yet though... so we're waiting... patiently.
Christmas day was spent with both families as well. Lots of fun, lots of food, with lots of noise, but we wouldn't have it any other way.
She was slightly overwhelmed by the busy ball popper from my parents... but she kept turning it back on, so she must have liked it!
Playing with her new magnetic letters! She loves to play with the magnets on the fridge, so what better than alphabet magnets? Maybe she'll learn her letters while she's at it. :)
Piper sniping Mabel's food. They were so sweet together. I love that she has a cousin that's just within months of her.
Piper and I - I'm in my awesome new jacket from my brother. :)
I hope everyone had an absolutely wonderful Christmas, and if not Christmas, then a fabulous holiday! And if no holiday, I hope that this winter has treated you well!
I hope everyone had an absolutely wonderful Christmas, and if not Christmas, then a fabulous holiday! And if no holiday, I hope that this winter has treated you well!
1 comments:
Aw, I got Photoshop Elements too!
Piper is so freakin' adorable. I can't wait to steal her from time to time one I get up to Seattle (which should be spring? I'm making myself have things planned by the middle of next month).
I miss you dearly and can't wait to see you.
Wish Peter a Merry Christmas for me!
Post a Comment