Monday, September 7, 2009

Pretty Girls and Gremlins


I'm so bummed that summer is ending. I've loved the sun... minus that insane week when it was over 100 degrees. I like the fall, but that means it's getting closer to winter, which I love too... but that means snow. I literally have snow-phobia.
Anyway... Piper turns 1 at the end of this month! I can't even believe it! I'm having a really hard time coming up with gifts to get for her, though. Anyone have any good suggestions on good gifts for 1 year olds? It's the toys I'm hung up on. It seems like everything I've been able to find that looks cool is either too "new baby" or too "older toddler" - nothing inbetween. I guess I could just give her a pen, an empty wipes bag and some paper... she likes to play with those and doesn't have any to call her own.
Piper has started to sign of her own free will, which is really fun. Her newest sign is "more." She used to do it if we did the sign and asked her if she wanted more, but now she'll do it without that. Cute! She doesn't do the actual sign, she has her own version of it, but at least we know what she's saying.Align Center
Piper has also started saying "ohhhh" or "ohhh wow!" and she makes this perfect little "o" shape with her mouth. And she mimics the tones of things people say, if that makes sense. It's pretty funny if you ask me.

Peter starts seminary tomorrow, which he's both looking forward to and not looking forward to. He's not looking forward to it mainly because of the whole wake up at 5 in the morning deal... other than that he's excited. And he also only has two quarters of school left until he's done! Woohoo!

Me, I bit off WAY more than I can chew for this fall - mainly teaching wise. I'm currently praying (literally) that one of my classes won't have enough students to be a go, which is terrible, but would make life a lot easier... and it's my least favorite style of dance to teach - hip hop. I'm also in/helping with the neighboring Stake's musical and it has taken up way more of my time than I was told it would. It's been fun, but I'm totally ready for it to end.


The morning after she learned to crawl, being bribed with freeze dried yogurt. Delicious!







Very seriously signing "more" for the camera


Lately she makes this face almost every time I take a picture of her. She sees the little orange light right before the flash and wham - this face appears. I have so many pictures of her like this...


Can you say Gremlin??



I love this dress on her.



Laughing with Grandpa!


Haha...


She totally looks like her cousin Samantha to me in this picture.




In her sweater Aunt Carla made for her!

2 comments:

Ben said...

Wow she's looking so grown up. When getting birthday toys, I'd err on the side of too old. She has to play with them until she's 2. But really at this age she's more interested in the packaging anyways. She's looking more and more like Peter, only cute instead of wierd looking.

Shady Bradys said...

She really is getting older, but still adorable! We really do need to get together. When y'all are a little less busy of course. My suggestion for toys would be to run over to Target and take a look at the Parents brand and Fisher-Price brand toys. They state which ones are appropriate for 12 month olds on the packaging. And they are really neat. One of them makes a drum/musical instruments set that I think any year old baby would just LOVE to get their hands on. Oh, I really like the stuff they have at that new toy store in Belle Square too. If you're anywhere near there...