Saturday, October 25, 2008

Moving

Yep, it's true. We're moving. I'm excited and I'm not excited all at the same time. First of all, moving pretty much stinks no matter who you are. Second, it's further away from the places I usually find myself, as well as the school I'll be choreographing for starting in December. Third, I have a new terrible fear of snow... and somehow that's connected. I think it's because living further away means further to drive in snow (if and when it does snow...) and the new place is fairly far off of any main road, which means less people will have driven in said snow, which means I have more risk of getting stuck when driving in it. AND my fear is heightened about 100 times because I now have a baby, and this baby will most likely be in the car when I am driving in snow. Not excited.

However, the plusses are:
We will have more room. More than one person will be able to fit in my kitchen at any one given time. Peter will have his own office/space. Our bedroom will be bigger than the average home's closet (okay... it hasn't been that bad). There will not be squirrels in my walls. I won't have to squeeze into parking spaces and try to figure out how to get the car seat out of the car. NO STAIRS! I will have a full size washer and dryer... and the dryer most likely won't take upwards of 5 hours to dry (Hallelujah!) And the best thing? I won't be embarrassed to have people over because of where I live.

Ah, what a life.

Adjusting to this whole "mom" thing has been pretty good. Piper is a very good baby and usually only cries when she needs one of the basics, IE food, a diaper change, to burp, or be held. Other than that, she just sleeps or observes. She's a lot more alert now, which is nice and funny. Sometimes she does things and I swear, it's just to be silly. She has me laughing all the time. I never would have necessarily thought of babies as being funny... but they do have personalities, and with the blood she has in her, of course she's silly!
Her collarbone is doing a lot better. She moves her left arm just as much as her right one now. Also, her clogged tear duct is gone. I think her doctor has a magic touch, because the day after he saw her, her eye started clearing up and she started moving her arm, and within a few days, both seemed to be fine/gone. Yay magic doctor!

I'm getting really into choreographing this show (and Piper calms down to several of the songs... which is awesome.) I have lots of ideas that I need to string together, but it's getting there. I've always loved knowing/dealing with dance styles from different decades... and let me tell ya, this whole Supremes and Temptations-esque movement is so fun! Not to mention the little bit of Elvis and Tango I get to work in there, too! I just hope the kids have as much fun with it as I do. 


1 comments:

Alicia W. said...

What show is it? And did you get the package I sent you yet?