Sunday, September 28, 2008
50 Random Things
I needed something to do... so I'm doing this little survey dealy to pass some time. Some fellow bloggers have done it, so I figured I'd join in.
50 Random Things About Me
1. My family is a total medical anomaly. Something extreme is almost always going on. I really hope I don't pass it on to my kids.
2. I'd never heard anyone swear until I was in 4th grade and moved to Washington from Utah.
3. I've always wanted to go by my middle name (Mikell) rather than my first.
4. I wish I had never stopped learning to play the piano.
5. I've had a fever of 106.4
6. Right now is the first time I've seen a significant amount of my natural hair color since I was twelve years old.
7. My decisions can be greatly affected by other people's opinions. Even if I don't know them or have never met them. Not always, but a lot of the time, I care too much about what other people think.
8. When I was younger, for 5 years in a row I was a tiger for Halloween.
9. I taught Alan Bugwell's son in a beginning children's dance class (Alan from "Kent and Alan - The Morning Show" on Star 101.5)
10. When I was in 6th grade, my group of friends and I were known as the "Mouse Tribe" - I was "Mouse Maroon." The Recess Teachers were birds trying to eat us, and we spent the majority of recesses hiding from them.
11. I'm horrified of having an ugly baby. (Shame on me, I know.)
12. I absolutely would love to play Shelley in "Batboy," Audrey in "Little Shop," Jen in "Jon and Jen," and, though I have been the role before, I'd like to play Little Sally in "Urinetown" again.
13. I've never been out of the Country other that to Canada for a day.
14. Unlike most, I 99% of the time enjoy public speaking.
15. I'm one of the youngest cousins on my mother's side, but the second oldest on my father's side.
16. My dad was a rocket scientist. Now if you ask me what he does, the best I can tell you is that he works for Microsoft. Past that, I got nothin'.
17. I can't do math. At all. So don't give me a math problem. I will get it wrong.
18. I'm not a fan of politics.
19. I didn't learn to snap my fingers until I was in 10th grade.
20. I worked in a Bug Zoo (Seattle Bug Safari) with roaches, scorpions, tarantulas and the like.
21. I don't wear glasses or contacts.
22. I've had my house broken into while I was there.
23. I have more stuffed cows than I know what to do with.
24. I've been asked for my autograph.
25. I'm allergic to cantaloupe and can't eat raw carrots.
26. I'd rather be really cold than really hot.
27. I think that "The Biggest Loser" is a very cool reality show.
28. I always thought it would be cool to have a small tattoo, though I'd never get one.
29. I'm not good with violence in T.V Shows, let alone movies. Guaranteed nightmares.
30. I've seen Disney's movie "Song of the South" though it was never released in the United States due to prejudice and racism.
31. I subconsciously count steps when I'm going up or down staircases.
32. I've never broken a bone... they've always been broken for me.
33. I still have my wisdom teeth.
34. One of my biggest pet peeves is stepping in water while wearing socks.
35. Due to the above, I rarely wear socks. If I could, I'd wear flip flops year round.
36. I'm don't like snow very much.
37. While at BYU, I had to take 2 different room/floormates to the ER in the same day for completely different reasons.
38. I love milk chocolate and don't like dark chocolate. Except in baked goods... then dark can be okay.
39. When it comes to scents, I prefer fruity over flowery.
40. I love pictures and I love to scrapbook... I need to do that more!
41. I was bribed to go to the junior high I did. I had 2 options, and though I wanted to go to school A with all my friends, I went to school B for $200. Haha... I actually turned down the $200 at first, but then one of my friends going to school A starting being really rude to one of the girls that had to go to school B simply because they would be at rival schools, so I decided to make stand and decided to go to school B. The $200 was just a really awesome bonus for a 12 year old. (I think that made sense.)
42. When I was at BYU I had someone ask me where I was from. I told them the Seattle area and they said, "I thought so - you dress like you're from Seattle." Apparently it was a compliment... but I still don't quite get it.
43. I absolutely love to dress up and pretend to be someone I'm not.
44. Due to the above, one of my very favorite holidays is Halloween.
45. I wish I had an accent. I mean, I know if I were to go to another country, I'd have an American accent... but most other countries think that American accents are ugly. :(
46. I think "earlobe" and "guillotine" are two of the funniest words in the english language.
47. I drink waaaay too much milk for my own good. I think it's my ultimate drink of choice, though I try to mix it up a little bit. :)
48. I really like pale/light green.
49. If my phone rings and it's a number I don't know, 9 out of 10 times I won't answer. But then I get really annoyed if whoever called doesn't leave a message telling me who they are or to have me call them back.
50. Ever since I had spine surgery, the left side of my back is way more sensitive than the right. Touching the left side tickles, where as the right side doesn't. Weird
Wow, coming up with 50 things is hard. That definitely passed some time... Whew.
Posted by Ashlyn at 7:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hmmmm...bedrest must not be much fun. It was fun to learn about you, though! I count steps unconsciously, too, even on staircases that I already know how many steps there are.
Post a Comment